Friday, July 12, 2013

Product Review: Lancome Bi-Facil Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover

Ever have those days when your best makeup remover wipes just don't do the job?

Yeah, we've all been there.

Today I felt the strong urge to write a review on the Lancome Bi-Facil Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover (woo, that's a mouthful!) because I've been using it a lot lately.

I enjoy using the Olay Daily Facial Cloths - you know, the ones that you need to run under water and rub together to activate. I've been loving those for so many years, I've lost count. I think I've been using them since middle school! (I'm in college now, so that's saying a lot!)

Anyways, I've been wearing more heavy duty makeup lately - the works. Waterproof mascara, "bulletproof" eyeliner - as Mally Roncal likes to put it, and everything else you can think of that isn't supposed to budge until you actually want to remove it.

Lately, even though I still love those Olay Daily Facial Cloths, they don't seem to be doing the complete job. The waterproof mascara will come off and my face looks clean, but it seems the eyeliner is still smudged on my lower lash line some, as well as a little smudged look on my eyelid. So basically, I look like a raccoon of sorts.

So when I get out of the shower, I shake the bottle of eye makeup remover so it mixes the two layers. It looks like one of those chemistry experiments where oil and water don't mix, but I'm sure it's more complex than that. Then I take a cotton pad or q-tip, depending on the amount of space that needs to be cleaned and dip it in the solution and bye-bye makeup! It comes off super easily and it's gentle. The only qualm I have about it is I'm not sure if this product is making my lower lash line burn - it may be an eye cream I'm testing out as well, because I don't see why it would only make that area burn and not the rest of my eye. But overall, I really like how this product performs. It takes barely any product to get the makeup off.

Just a tip - I like to rub a damp tissue over my eye when I'm done and then pat my eyes dry because this does tend to leave a greasy feel.

Lastly, how much does this wonderful product cost? According to Sephora, $28 for a 4.2 oz. It's on the pricey side, but even I would consider repurchasing it - and that's saying a lot.

I only have a deluxe sample size of 1.7 fl oz, but it's lasting quite some time!
Overall, I'm in love with this product. I'm not one to go out and buy higher end products when I know there's bound to be great drugstore alternatives, but when this bad boy finally runs out, I might just go do that. ;)

Remember to have a positive day! :)

Hugs,
Lauren


P.S. I received the deluxe sample size pictured above in a birchbox sampler box that I paid $10 a month for. You can sign up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment