First of all, sorry I haven't been able to post the past several "Motivational Mondays". Unfortunately, my laptop I primarily use to post them while I am at college had to be shipped out for repair a couple weeks ago and there have been some complications and miscommunications, which is why it's not back in my hands yet. Rest assured, when it is, I will get back to posting those weekly motivational posts!
But today should be motivational as well because...
I just wanted to take a quick moment to post what I am thankful for this year, as I have put a lot of thought into it and have a bunch to be thankful for this year!
What I'm thankful for...
- My family. We're crazy, annoying, and obnoxious, but without them, I wouldn't have the strength to do half the things I've been able to accomplish.
- My job. I just got a seasonal position at a Macy's Warehouse this past Monday. It may only be seasonal for now and may not be anything I really wanted, but it's money to pay for gas, my car payments, and my school loans. I'm so thankful for this job since I haven't had one for 11 months and it's taken a long time to get another.
- My friends. Without some of my closest friends, I just might be insane...no, really.
- My boyfriend. Without him... not only would I also still be insane, but I never knew how amazing it was to be loved whole-heartedly by a once-stranger until I met him. And to love someone back as much as I have. He's my support, my rock. I just can't see life without him anymore.
- My house. After living through the worst hurricane I have ever experienced here in New England, I'm so thankful to still not only have power (we never lost it, thankfully), but also the house I live in, the bed I sleep in, the heat that comes out of our vents, and so much more. I pray for those severely affected by "Super Storm Sandy".
- My health. After being very sick often as a child and suffering from a back injury late last year/early this year, I'm so grateful for my good health. I am not sick nearly as much as I used to be and my back is in the best condition it will get, which isn't nearly as bad as it was... and it's maintainable.
- My subscribers. Without you guys, I wouldn't still be doing videos and now this blog. I may not have as many of you as lots of other people, but I'd rather have less true and loyal fans and friends than more less faithful ones. :)
Be thankful for what you have and help those who don't have it nearly as good.
Remember to have a positive day! (and a very Happy Thanksgiving!)
P.S. Please give a listen to this song called "Be Grateful" by The Farm Inc. I first heard it a few weeks ago on the way to one of my classes and it really touched me. It makes more sense today, but remember it each and every day, too.
"Be Grateful" by The Farm Inc: