Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Product Review: Michael Todd Jojoba Charcoal Facial Scrub

Hey everyone!

I haven't been able to post on here much lately, so I knew I definitely wanted to review this product on my blog instead of my YouTube channel. I enjoy sitting down and doing written reviews every now and then. I also prefer reviewing the things I receive in things like Birchbox or Ipsy Glam Bag here. :)

So today I decided to review the Michael Todd Jojoba Charcoal Facial Scrub that I received in my Ipsy Glam Bag a couple months ago.

Photo Courtesy: Instagram
 Here's a quick run down of the pros & cons:

PROS
            • Leaves skin feeling smooth
            • Removes toxins
            • Gentle exfoliation, but effective
            • 70% organic
            • Helps with mild acne
CONS
            • Leaves dark residue on skin
            • Slightly funny smell

I overall really enjoy this product. I like to gently exfoliate my skin for about 1-2 minutes. Then I rinse off my face so most of the product is washed off and I pat my face dry with a towel. I really do think this exfoliant is very good at removing toxins because charcoal is known to do just that. I've even taken charcoal capsules before to help clean out toxins in my digestive tract - easy, affordable natural remedy!

This is one of those exfoliaters where you can feel some abrasiveness, but not too much. It doesn't feel uncomfortable while working it's magic, but you can feel the work being done. It's just the right amount, in my opinion. I also noticed when I'm breaking out, it helps get rid of the acne a bit quicker than if I hadn't used it. I have mild acne, though, so keep that in mind. Too much exfoliating can be irritating, especially to acne prone skin. It's also a plus that this product is 70% organic! I always enjoy using more natural alternatives when I can.

The only have two little qualms. I've noticed that it's difficult to rinse off every speck of the black residue this leaves. Therefore, some product ends up getting patted onto my towel. It washes out just fine, but can be a temporary bother to some. My other issue is the smell. It's not a heavy scent and I actually like that it isn't "scented". However, it almost smells like, to me, a funky mint scent. It's the most bizarre thing and is more noticeable while exfoliating rather than smelling from the tube. But it's definitely not strong enough to deter me from using and enjoying the product.

I received a sample size of 1 fl oz and this product sells at a size of 3.4 fl oz for $18.00. So this is a more high-end skincare product in my opinion, but if you don't use it too often, it will last you. I like to exfoliate no more than twice a week. (Remember your skin naturally has a sloughing off process, so don't overdo it!)

Overall, I really enjoy this product. It does the job I'm expecting from it and I get good results. So if you are in the market for a new exfoliater, who knows, maybe you found the one! Either way, I hope you enjoyed this review!

Thanks for stopping by. xoxo

Remember to have a positive day! :)

Hugs,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment