Thursday, November 14, 2013

Makeup Review: NYC Big Bold Lip Gloss

Hey everybody!

As some of you may know, I recently got my third Influenster VoxBox. It was called the "Varsity VoxBox" and I absolutely loved it!! If you're interested in seeing an in depth video on it, click HERE.

Or maybe you're interested in learning more about Influenster...if so, click HERE!

Now onto the reason for this post. One of the items I received in the box was the NYC Big Bold Lip Gloss in "Pleasantly Plump Pink". I enjoy writing some makeup reviews on my blog so here ya go!

Product Facts:
  • Retails for approximately $3.99.
  • 12 shades available.
  • Contains Vitamin E.
  • Paraben free.
Claims:
  • Long wearing, up to 5 hours.
  •  Lightweight.
  • Not sticky.
  • Add up to 50% more volume to your lips.
Quick run down of what I think of this product:
  • It has a sweet smell. Not minty, not sour, but generally sweet.
  • It does not sting or burn on your lips! YAY!
  •  It blends out to a thin lip gloss - in other words, it's not opaque.
  • This product has shimmer in it, but nothing like chunky glitter. It's comfortable.

 Did it live up to the claims?!:
  • I didn't notice the plumping effect. My lips looked exactly the same. (meh.)
  • This definitely DID NOT last up to 5 hours. It was a good day if it lasted 1 hour on my lips. And that's without eating or drinking!!
  • The bright side - it is definitely not sticky and definitely has a lightweight feel! (yay!)
 Tip: You only need as much as the applicator has on it for both lips - that how big the applicator is and how much product comes out!

 Now that you have the facts and opinions, it's time for pretty pictures!

Don't mind the pimple on my chin in the second picture...I had no makeup on besides this lip gloss when these photos were taken. I have no shame. ;)

Just to give you an idea of how HUGE the applicator is!
Isn't my owl in the background adorable? Hehe - anyways, this is the pink color I received. Right up my alley!
Kissy lips! :*
It's a nice pinky-natural lip color with a beautiful shine. :)
I hope you guys enjoyed this review! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful day! <3

Remember to have a positive day! :)

Hugs,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment